The Collection and Usher Gallery's 'Time for Practice' Artist Development Bursary is a response to the on-going difficulties for contemporary artists in Lincolnshire caused by Covid-19.
They have adapted their usual way of supporting Lincolnshire-based artists through a series of new funded Artist Development opportunities designed to support artists in working from home, from the studio and around the region during this uncertain time.
The Collection and Usher Gallery hope this will help those who need a little extra support from the sector, those who are looking for an element of structure that they can provide, or those who require a helping hand to follow their chosen paths and interests.
* This Bursary is called 'Time for Practice' with a dual aim of offering support for both those that can use this time to develop and produce new ideas or work, as well as for those that may need a moment for practice and reflection.
What does the bursary provide?
- 4 x bursaries of £500 for individuals or collectives
- Bespoke support (virtual unless otherwise agreed) from curatorial staff, agreed at the beginning of the project (maximum 2 x virtual meetings with staff per week)
- Resulting work could be 'made public', for example via The Collection and Usher Gallery's social media or website, to be negotiated on a case by case basis and with support from technical and curatorial teams.
- Public summary discussion via online platform at end of project
Deadline – Monday 6th July, 5pm
Project begins – July
End of project – End of September
More information and application forms can be found here or below.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .