Stories, Myths and Legends of Church Ope Cove
Working in partnership with b-side, Portland Museum wish to commission an artist to create work in any media responding to the history and environment of Wakeham and Church Ope area of the isle of Portland, Dorset. The opportunity offers up to £4000 plus an additional allowance of up to £950 towards travel and accommodation. The final outcome of the commission will be hosted by the museum in September and October 2020, and included in the biennial b-side festival 5-13 September 2020.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Midnight Sunday 1st September
How to Apply:
Download the full brief below. All applications must be made online via Curatorspace applications portal, click HERE to apply
￼Please complete the online Curatorspace application form, which will ask you for the following info (we advise you to complete the longer sections on a word doc and then copy and paste into the correct Curatorspace box, this way if there are any connection problems you will have a copy to use again).
- An expression of interest outlining how you might approach this project, including any initial ideas plus an indication of how you would use the budget. This may be provided EITHER in writing using the online form OR as a video recording uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo ( 5 mins max).
- Any resources or technical support you would need access to.
- A summary description of your practice.
- A short summary CV
- Confirmation that you will be available for on site research during October/November 2019 including at least the first day of the residential R&D days 18-20 October.
- Images (10 max) or URLs/ links to other media documentation of your previous work.
Deadline: Applications to be submitted no later than midnight Sunday 1 September 2019
All applications will be acknowledged on receipt.
All unsuccessful applications will be notified at earliest opportunity.
All shortlisted artists will be notified by 16 September and invited to an interview (via Skype) week commencing 23 September 2019
We regret it is not possible to give feedback for unsuccessful applications
Any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org